BREEAM (British Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) is a certification system that recognises sustainable buildings that exceed national standards. As a quality label, it encourages the market to focus on sustainability in building design as well as the environmental impact of products in buildings.
As this label assesses the overall building concept, BREEAM specifies 10 main categories, with multiple issues, on which the building is evaluated: management, health & wellbeing, energy, transport, water, materials, waste, land use & ecology, pollution and innovation. Credits are awarded and weighted for each category in order to generate the final score for the building, in levels from pass to outstanding.
Reynaers Aluminium can help you to achieve BREEAM credits
Using Reynaers Aluminium solutions in combinations with other building components, credits can be gained in these categories (according to BREEAM International New Construction 2016):
- Health & Wellbeing: visual comfort, indoor air quality, thermal comfort, acoustic performance
- Energy: reduction of energy use and carbon, low carbon design
- Materials: life cycle impacts, responsible sourcing of construction products
- Pollution: reduction of noise pollution
To help you achieve these credits, Reynaers Aluminium specialists can assist you in selecting the most appropriate solutions for your project and provide you with the necessary documents, required for the BREEAM assessment. This includes the general documents and certificates, but also project specific information to increase your BREEAM score.
Some Reynaers Aluminium references with BREEAM certificates:
- DC New Logic III Tilburg (NL) - Outstanding
- 1 Aldermanbury Square (UK) – Excellent
- Crystal (CZ) - Excellent
- DB Schenker Logistics Tilburg (NL) – Excellent
- Derby Council (UK) – Excellent
- Eleven Brindleyplace (UK) – Excellent
- Finchley Memorial Hospital (UK) – Excellent
- Greenwich Square (UK) – Excellent
- Great Marlborough Street (UK) – Very Good
- Jersey Esplanade (UK) – Very Good
- Mediacité (BE) – Very Good
- St. Mary Axe (UK) – Very Good
- Bulgaria Mall Sofia (BG) – Good
- Twin city block ABC (CZ) – Good